We are all only too aware of the fragility of our environment and how thoughtless actions can impact on local surroundings and those in the vicinity. From our senior business managers down to site operatives, we take our responsibility of the environment and the management of any harmful materials or processes very seriously.
To assist with the execution of our environmental policy, our SHEQ & T Manager works closely with the Dyer & Butler Board, focusing on the environmental risk management of the projects we undertake. Every project has a site specific project management plan which incorporates all environmental matters including client specific, statutory and project specific requirements.
This ensures that we are fully aware of any local or specific issues that require additional planning. On-site, our project managers work closely with customers, workers and suppliers to enhance the environmental performance across all aspects of our construction work and waste management. We take great care to ensure that our work and processes have no environmental impact on the local community and its wildlife; including noise, air, light, vibration, water, water run-off and soil pollution.
All of our work is certified in accordance with ISO 14001, and often our employees help us to exceed this regulatory standard.
Key features of Dyer & Butler’s commitment to the environment include:
- All timber we purchase is sourced from sustainable and traceable sources.
- All sites operate Site Waste Management Plans.
- We trial the use of new technologies and solutions such as the use of solar powered welfare units as opposed to the standard diesel units.
- Noise, dust and vibration monitoring and minimisation.
- Pollution prevention and training for all site operatives.
- Constant communication with local residents, businesses and other stakeholders.
- Training of site operatives to minimise our interference on bats, newts, nesting birds, Japanese Knotweed etc.