As a construction specialist, Dyer & Butler undertakes build projects covering a wide range of structures and types across the many sectors that commission civil engineering companies. Typically, we work for authorities, utility companies and private organisations across the whole of England and Wales in urban, rural and coastal locations under a wide range of contractual agreements.
We build commercial and industrial facilities along with those that serve the public sectors, ranging from traditionally constructed amenity buildings to vast, steel framed, clad barns and sheds. We also undertake building refurbishment, extensions and ground stabilisation.
Our construction projects that relate to buildings and structures include, but are not restricted to:
- Health & Medical
- Education & Defence
- Commercial & Retail
- Industrial & Offices
- Railway Stations & Line Side Structures
- Catering & Leisure
- Modular Accommodation
- Airport Hangers & Structures
- Waste & Recycling Centres
Dyer & Butler’s multi disciplined team undertake and manage commercial and industrial construction in the buildings sector for authorities, utility companies and private organisations. We work under framework agreements and individual project contracts for building services including work on industrial buildings, waste facilities, railway and underground stations, amenity buildings, refurbishment works and extensions.
When building work is taking place in a public or residential environment, we always engage with local communities by keeping them informed of our work and progress throughout the project. We aim to minimise disruption to residential or built-up areas as well as the surrounding environment as much as possible, by keeping our noise levels to a minimum and making sure that accessibility is not affected.
Our services include, but are not restricted to:
- Design and construction of steel framed buildings
- Ground works excavation, remediation and disposal
- Road, pavements and walkway construction
- Car park construction
- Surface and foul water drainage
- Landscaping works
- Building, mechanical & electrical works
Why Dyer & Butler
Dyer & Butler’s experience in the buildings sector through commercial and industrial construction has provided us with a reputation of successfully completing countless numbers of buildings and structures across the whole of England and Wales.
Construction excellence and value for money is what Dyer & Butler provides to our customers. We believe our approach towards Value Engineering is one of the differentiators that underscores the relationships that we are able to maintain in such a highly competitive, tender-led market. Our experience of civil engineering and sector-specific materials procurement enables us to frequently propose alternative solutions for those already specified for project completion. It’s this Value Engineering approach that in some cases can provide significant savings against initial forecasts. This approach is illustrated across a selection of case studies published within this website.
The ingenuity and professionalism of our multi-disciplined project managers and construction team are frequently brought to bear on complex multi facetted projects that include road and infrastructure works. Dyer & Butler’s construction services cover the full range of building and refurbishment activities, providing a complete solution and therefore avoiding the risks associated with multiple contractor activity.
Benefits of working with Dyer & Butler:
- Initial design
- Thorough, in-depth planning to ensure projects run smoothly, on time and within budget
- Highly focused processes to protect the local ecology and environment
- Value engineering approach to help with project costs
- Track record of successful project delivery on live assets
- Solution provider to help improve engineered assets and increase working lifespan
- Experienced and safety conscious mobile workforce
- Fully qualified engineers – 100% CSCS compliant
- Site supervisors hold both Street Work and SSSTS/SMSTS certification
- Range of MEICA services
- Experienced in SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems)
- Routinely work under Utility and Local Authority Framework agreements and individual project by project contracts