The infrastructure of waste and waste recycling facilities demands highly robust and well-executed civil engineering works to ensure asset longevity and environmental protection. Of course, all obvious – however, to ensure these crucial attributes are present, they require careful selection of a civil engineering, construction specialist company. Credentials are therefore essential in the final selection; Dyer & Butler’s credentials span more than 35 years of successfully delivering complex, high profile civil engineering projects in environmentally sensitive areas.
We have been responsible for the complete redevelopment of large brown field recycling centres, from demolition and site clearance, through to section 38 and 278 (Highways Act 1980) and ultimate site commissioning. Our specialist project teams also undertake construction projects including: buildings, drainage and storm water attenuation, soft and hard landscaping and wider range of civil engineering provisions.
We work for authorities, utility companies and private organisations under a wide range of contractual agreements including framework agreements.
Often the work we undertake is in a public environment or a place of local interest, as a result we always engage with local communities, both before and during, keeping them informed of our work and progress throughout a project, minimising disruption to the community and the environment as a result of our work.
Dyer & Butler’s multi-disciplined and highly skilled team of experienced construction/engineering staff are all solution providers. We think out of the box when encountering unexpected wet and inclement weather that in turn impacts on soil saturation with the potential of extending agreed programmes. This is described in our waste case study for the Chard Household Waste Recycling Centre in Somerset contained within our case study section.
Our multi-skilled team undertake and manage civil engineering projects in the waste sector for local authorities and private organisations covering a broad range of activities required by customers in this sector.
Dyer & Butler’s work in the waste sector includes framework agreements, term contracts, partnered alliance and project work.
Our services include, but are not restricted to:
- Site clearance
- Construction of storm water and foul water sewers
- Road, pavements and pathways
- Soft and hard landscaping
- Gates, barriers and fencing
- Buildings and shelters
- Bio-filter installation
- Bund walling
- Reinforced concrete works
- SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems)
- MEICA services
Why Dyer & Butler
Dyer & Butler is recognised as a leading supplier of civil engineering construction in the waste infrastructure sector with broad experience and a dedicated multi-disciplined and very mobile workforce. Our reputation in the waste sector is built on a solid background of successfully completing sensitive projects in other environmentally sensitive sectors like rivers and water. There are no second chances in these sectors for environmental mishaps caused by failing infrastructure or construction issues.
Dyer & Butler’s commitment towards customer satisfaction is driven by our Value Engineering methodology towards all projects. Our experience in civil engineering and sector specific materials procurement assists in this area and we are frequently able to propose alternative solutions for those already specified for project completion. A benefit for Dyer & Butler customers is that in some cases we can offer significant savings against initial forecasts. This approach is illustrated across a selection of case studies published within this website.
Working in urban, rural and coastal locations we have completed many successful projects within the waste sector and at all times we take a sensitive and considered approach to ensure the protection of the ecology and environment is at the forefront of our work.
Benefits of working with Dyer & Butler:
- Multi-disciplinary expertise and civil engineering excellence in the water sector
- Thorough, in-depth planning to ensure projects run smoothly, on time and within budget
- Highly focused processes to protect the local ecology and environment
- Value engineering approach to help with project costs
- Track record of successful project delivery on live assets
- Solution provider to help improve engineered assets and increase working lifespan
- Experienced and safety conscious mobile workforce
- Fully qualified engineers – 100% CSCS compliant
- Site supervisors hold both Street Work and SSSTS/SMSTS certification
- Range of MEICA services
- Experienced in SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems)
- Routinely work under Authority and Utility Framework agreements and on individual project by project contracts