Water is a very precious resource and we have to manage it well. However, over the past few years we have seen both shortages and excesses of water which in both instances has created significant operational pressure for water authorities.
For a number of years, Dyer & Butler has been providing a focused waste and clean water civil engineering service across England and Wales, including storm and foul water drainage systems through to reservoirs and pumping stations. We work for utility companies, authorities and private organisations under a wide range of contractual agreements.
Our experienced project team work in urban, rural and coastal locations to assist with food protection, flood prevention, flood alleviation projects and storm water run-off solutions covering SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems). At all times our engineering teams take a sensitive and considered approach to ensure the protection of the ecology and environment is at the forefront of our work.
As with other specialist sectors, Dyer & Butler maintains a highly skilled team of experienced construction/engineering staff. This multi-skilled team undertake and manage civil engineering projects in the water sector for utility companies, authorities and private organisations covering a broad range of activities required by customers in this sector.
When working in a public environment or a place of local interest, we always engage with local communities, before and during, keeping them informed of our work and progress throughout the project, and by minimising disruption to the community and the environment as a result of our work.
Our work in the water sector includes framework agreements, term contracts, partnered alliance and project work.
Our services include, but are not restricted to:
- Construction of storm water and foul water sewers
- Gravity sewers
- Rising mains
- Reinforced concrete works
- Reservoir construction
- SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems)
- MEICA services
- Pumping station construction and commissioning
- Installation of package sewage treatment systems and pumping stations
- Installation of first time sewage systems and MEICA works
Why Dyer & Butler
Dyer & Butler has an established reputation for on-time and to budget programme delivery of our work in all sectors of our expertise, including the water sector. We are recognised as a leading supplier in the market with broad experience and directly employ a dedicated multi-skilled and very mobile workforce. Our reputation in the water sector is a result of a solid background of successfully completing sensitive projects in the sector.
With our experience in civil engineering and sector-specific materials procurement, we are frequently able to propose alternative solutions for those already specified for project completion. This forms part of our Value Engineering approach towards all projects, and in some cases can provide significant savings against initial forecasts. This approach is illustrated across a selection of case studies published within this website. We work with, and have completed many successful projects for water companies including Thames Water, Southern Water, South West Water, Bristol Water and Wessex Water.
Benefits of working with Dyer & Butler:
- Multi-disciplinary expertise and civil engineering excellence in the water sector
- Thorough, in-depth planning to ensure projects run smoothly, on time and within budget
- Highly focused processes to protect the local ecology and environment
- Experienced and safety conscious mobile workforce
- Fully qualified engineers – 100% CSCS compliant
- Range of MEICA services
- Experienced in SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems)
- Routinely work under Utility and Local Authority Framework agreements and individual project by project contracts